About Us
Home
About Us
Death Notices
Condolence Form
Services
Personalized Services
Pre-Planning
Directions
Florists

 

 
   

Contact Us:

The Arn-Lockie Funeral Home
45 Main St. W.
Norwich, ON; N0J 1P0
t: 519-863-3020
f: 519-863-3552



The tradition of caring for families began  when Leonard C. Arn moved to Norwich to purchase the Addison Funeral Home from Byron Addison in June of 1907. The funeral home was then named L.C. Arn Funeral Residence. In 1925, Anson B. Arn, son of Leonard, obtained his embalmerís license. Anson joined his father as a partner of the funeral residence, which then was named L.C. Arn & Son Funeral Residence.

In 1931, the Arnís rented a building, converted one half into a funeral chapel, the other half into furniture sales. In 1938, the Couzenís residence, which was located beside the funeral residence, was purchased. In the fall of 1938, the new location was open as a modern funeral residence. In 1945, Leonard C. Arn passed away. Anson then assumed ownership and changed the funeral residence name to A.B. Arn & Son. Ansonís son Roy, who became the third generation of the family business, became partner and operated the business with his father until Ansonís death in 1963.

Roy assumed ownership, changed the name to Arn & Son Funeral Residence. Roy operated the business till the summer of 1993. He then sold the family business to current owner Bill Lockie, who renamed the funeral residence to The Arn-Lockie Funeral Home. Roy assisted Bill until his death in 2005.